We are very pleased to announce the release of Centreon 2.1 RC2.
We have been working a lot on this version during these past months and many new features have been added. Among those features, here are the main ones :
- New view “Unhandled Problems” : in the Monitoring section, you will now find views in which you can see problems that have not been acknowledged, nor planned in downtime.
- New configuration log : in the Administration section, you will find a new page that shows the changelog of your configuration objects such as Hosts, Services, Contacts etc…
- Timezones are now handled in the Contact configuration : it is now possible to put a timezone in the user configuration.
- Timezones are now handled in the Host configuration : it is now possible to put a timezone in the host configuration. Each host will then be monitored with a check time period depending on its time period. This feature was often requested by firms which run their monitoring system in very large WAN networks.
- Major enhancement was done on Treeview menus (Views and Monitoring > Event Logs sections)
- New search fields have been added in some pages (Views, Monitoring > Event Logs) thus offering a better and more accurate filtering system
- New menu system : navigation is now on a whole different level, we will now save many mouse clicks and loading time when navigating from one page to another
- ACL system has been enhanced with better performance
- Monitoring dashboard has been enhanced to make it as reactive as possible. Many benchmarks were done, and the dashboard is proved the be much better in terms of performance.
- Nagios Configuration files generation engine has been enhanced. Configuration files will be generated much faster than before : it actually takes 10 times less amount of time to generate files in an environment with over 3,000 hosts and 50,000 services.
- Censtorage has been enhanced, database queries have been optimized.
- Centreon-core has been enhanced, it performs better exchanges of the data files
You may find more information in our new Forge.
We count on your help during the RC testing phase. We have made lots of tests already, this is why the RC1 release was never made public.
Hopefully, the new Forge will help us finish this version even faster. We remind you that posting your bugs in the Forum will not help us correct them, because we are not notified when you do that. Instead, we invite you to submit all your bugs in our Forge.
Regarding the next version, the development of the version 2.2 is going to start right away. You may find the roadmap here.
For the future versions, we will change our policy. Indeed, we will make more releases from now on. New features will be implemented every now and then, thus making the changes seem lighter. Migration from one major version to another will then be much easier to perform. On top of that, bugfixes will be made regularly and all the annoying problems that you may encounter will be solved in a shorter delay. This new strategy will be explaned later in our website.
Enjoy this RC testing!