This post is also available in: French
In France the change to winter time will take place on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 3 am.
60 minutes will be removed from legal time. It will then be 2 am.
If you are using a version prior to 3.2.3 Nagios, this change could affect your monitoring platform.
In order to anticipate a possible interuption of your monitoring during this long weekend we recommend you to update your server with the 3.2.3 version Nagios.
We advise you not to use versions 3.4.x of Nagios because of stability problems.
If however this is not possible, we encourage you to schedule the shutdown (for example, with cron) of your monitoring shortly before the time change (2:59) and restart an hour later (still with cron) .
Although this method will make the monitoring unavailable for a short period of time, it will probably save you from the crash your server, and therefore the total unavailability of monitoring platform during this long weekend!
If despite these precautions, your servers fall, a restart of each Nagios server will allow you to get back your monitoring plateform.
The Merethis team
Incoming search terms:
- change tag centreon
- daylight savings 2013 reminder
- centreon daylight savings
- reminder posts for daylight savings time 2013
- post to remind employees for dst
- example of emails reminding of the daily saving time
- daylight savings reminder to post for employees 2013
- daylight savings friendly reminder
- daylight savings 2013 reminder for kids
- daylight savings 2013 reminder 2011