This post is also available in: French
Centreon BAM in Centreon Broker
Since January 2015, we have integrated a module of Centreon BAM 3.0 into the real-time engine of Centreon Broker 2.8, making it:
- More intuitive. A service activity is only computed when the status of the related KPI changes.
- More resource efficient. By abandoning CRON that consumed heavy resources because of its insistence in computing all service activities every single minute, we are able to free up resources for more service activities to the monitoring system.
- More accurate in delivering relevant insights with BI’s new reporting templates. All events are now stored in a database to clearly trace the location and component linked to an incident for troubleshooting.
- More faithful to the chronology of incidents. Updates are made in real time by the second, allowing the precise identification of an incident’s root cause.
Centreon Broker will also be the first to benefit from the gradual integration of InfluxDB with Centreon solutions, to deliver:
- Better scalability
- Significant reduction of storage space
- Easy data recovery
- Advanced computation of patterns and trends
5 New BI Reporting Templates
This report displays statistics about availability and incidents of business service activities by month and day in calendar view. This report is generated using the default reporting time period of each business activity.
This report displays availability and incident statistics of business service activities from a business perspective. This report is generated using the default reporting time period of each business activity.
This report displays availability and events statistics for a business activity.
- Hostgroup Monthly Network Centile
This report displays the average use of your inbound and outbound bandwidth by interface on a monthly basis.
This report displays the rate of acknowledged and resolved incidents, the longest failures, the least reliable services and equipment generating the most alerts for a hostgroup.
- Management of dependencies between objects (hosts, services, hosts group, services group)
- Scheduling recurring and occasional downtime
Bug fixes and Improvements for the following.
#3081 : Support for adding/editing dependencies through command line
#5037 : Support for adding/editing recurring downtime through command line
Centreon BAM 3.0.0
#7755 : Documentation update
#7626 : Add Centreon Broker prerequisite
#7621 : Add automatically a new Centreon-Broker output
#7564 : Update of the French translation
#7553 : Business Activity accepts results passively submitted
Centreon Broker 2.8.0
#5879,5880,5881,5882,5883 : New module Centreon BAM allows to have Business Activity status in real time
Centreon Broker 2.8.1
#6049 : properly delete custom variables
#6152 : Incorrect handling of less than 1 seconds KPI events
Centreon Map 3.7.0
#8016 : Better position for the splash and popups
#8015 : New splash screen and update of all Merethis to Centreon
#8006 : New MapBox API
#7298 : Possibility to see meta service performance graphic in Centreon Map
#8004 : All external commands are now working on all objects